Faculty of Music, St Aldate’s, Oxford, OX1 1DB
Over 2000 instruments from the Western orchestral music traditions from the renaissance, through the baroque, classical, romantic and up to modern times – mostly brass and woodwind instruments.
Instruments in the collection include:
- Violin by Henry Jay of Long Acre, London, 1746
- Violin by Ernst Gläsel
- Violin by Dominique Salzard, France
- Violin by D.B.A. Palmer, Italy
- Violin by Jean Baptiste Vuillaume, France
- Violin by Christian Wilhelm Seidel?
- Violin by Roze. Paris, 1750
- Violin by Robert Thompson, 1760
- Violin by Mark Ellis. England
- Viola by Otto Josef Klier
- Cello by Henry Jay Covent Garden, London, 1739
- Cello by anonymous, Klotz Germany, 1780